Sonntag, 20. August 2017

Robs Top 5 Lieblingsfilme

Wolltet ihr schon immer mal wissen, was eigentlich Robs Lieblingsfilme sind? Für Rotten Tomatoes hat er nun diese Frage beantwortet - und hier sind sie:

1. LE SOUFFLE (2001) 
There’s this movie called Le Souffle. It was called Deep Breath. It’s a f—ing amazing movie. It’s about a teenage boy who is kind of expelled from school, and he has to live with his uncle, I think, in the French countryside. I remember watching it when I was maybe 18 or 19, and I just loved the performances in it so much, and I think it’s kind of like a kid who’s on the run from himself in a way. I think it’s kind of quite related to Good Time as well. It’s just incredibly, beautifully shot. Yeah, that’s one of them.

2. ARIZONA DREAM (1993)
Did you ever see Arizona Dream? Johnny Depp and Vincent Gallo? I love that movie. Johnny Depp’s character is technically on some kind of run. It’s just very funny, and I love Vincent Gallo in it so much. It was also another early influence. I love Gallo’s performance when he’s talking about how all the greatest actors have New York accents, and he’s demonstrating to Johnny Depp’s character how to order drinks as a true New Yorker. It’s funny.

3. JULIA (2009)
Julia, the Tilda Swinton movie. Also, I think [the director’s] name is Erick Zonca. I think that’s one of the great performances, and it’s kind of criminally underseen. Is underseen even a word?

4. DER WILDE SCHLAG MEINES HERZENS (2005)
What was the other one? The Beat That My Heart Skipped, the Jacques Audiard movie. I remember watching that at 20 or 21 or something. Actually, no, I must’ve been younger because I watched that the first time I came to New York, and Romain Duris in that — watching his performance was kind of… Like, “That is a performance which I would love to get anywhere close to.”

5. HEADHUNTERS (2011)
Did you ever see this movie Headhunters? It’s an insane chase movie that goes very, very, very dark. I just love one of the central driving forces behind the main character is just that he thinks he’s too short. [laughs] I love it when a story, when you really break down someone’s essence, and that is their fatal flaw. It’s just so simple.

Quelle